Saturday 4 April 2015

Coloring Crazy!

I do love to dive into whatever the latest craze is.  Line dancing, Scoubidou, loom bands, soutache...coloring books!  As a child I spent many a happy hour absorbed in a coloring book and as an adult missed that zen-like trance they put me into.  Nothing else quite hits the spot, does it?  Then I read that in France coloring books were outselling cookery books and when you think of the French and their passion for cuisine this meant this was one major craze.  Of course I had to get in on the act too and dug out every coloring tool I could locate (quite a lot but quantity rather than quality).  If you are like me and favor pens over pencils and don't have a lot of cash to splurge on the pricier brands you buy the budget packs in stores like W H Smith.  This means you require detailed pictures 'cos the pens run out so fast, and anyway these are ADULT coloring books not kiddy ones.  Here then are a trio of designs to print out and color in.  Let me know if you like them, and if you don't...
This is Mandala A.  Can you think of a more interesting title for it?  I hope so...
And this is Mandala B.  An all over design this time to keep it interesting.  I don't want them all to look the same...
Mandala C.  If you belong to a coloring group on Facebook do post your work so we can all see it.

But what do you do with a coloring book when the pages have all been filled in?  Use it as inspiration for another project perhaps.  Crafty Computer Paper has transfers you can iron on dark or light fabrics, fabric you can actually print on and all sorts of other things to do with ink and various crafts.  Of course you cannot break coopyright laws unless your picture is public domain but you can use it for inspiration or make your own in a graphics program as I have done with PSP.

No comments:

Post a Comment